NCAA Basketball 10 on Xbox 360 & PS 3: Motivation? ABSOLUTE YES!!

American01Attention Game Players!! It’s brand new – released on November 17, 2009. NCAA Basketball 10 uncovers the core of college basketball with an all-new strategic motion offensive system, innovative broadcast presentation, the excitement, emotion, and pageantry that makes the college game unique. It introduces full integration of CBS Sports and ESPN broadcast elements, allowing gamers to choose their broadcast presentation for every game. Electronic Arts Inc. announced the availability of this game, developed under the EA SPORTS brand for the PlayStation3 and Xbox 360.

Yes it has relevance in the new broadcast-style and graphics just like one would see while ncaa-basketball-10-20091111012019864_640wwatching a college basketball. It boasts confidence simply by pressing a button as the teammates can get initiated into whatever offense the player decide to run. It provides the ability to track players’ progression, make improvements to facilities in school and go through the standard recruitment process that every college sports game brings to the table. Yes it is satisfying and involves all 4 steps of Keller’s ARCS Model of Motivational Design.

Oh yes!! Even Malone and Lepper’s Characteristics of a Learning Game applies here. The ncaa-basketball-10-20090623103455749_640wplayer enjoys control over a team’s strategy and can mimic real-life style of play and adds curiosity and fantasy with the authentic broadcasting presentations from the all-star announcing crews like Dick Vitale, Brad Nessler, and Erin Andrews of ESPN, and Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery of CBS Sports by choosing regular season games and its exclusive broadcast of ‘March Madness’. Everything that fans see and hear on TV when watching college basketball will be mirrored in here, including graphic packages and highlight reels. It adds challenge with Improved Coach Feedback System and Team Tempo Control which enables the execution of game-plan to perfection.

The curiosity maximizes with a new offensive system that allows users to maximize ball ncaa-basketball-10-20091015011304922_640wmovement, utilizing every player on the court, and executing team-specific plays, designed to control an opponent’s weaknesses. With the touch of a button users will be able to play fluidly and successfully. It increases the strategy behind team styles of play by introducing eight authentic motion offenses.  So start your game-play and visual enhancements and make a run for the “Final Four” with more than 100 improvements, including player movement, rebounding, off-ball collisions, alley-oops, size-ups, and more!!

ncaa-basketball-10-20091111011956866_640wIts said, “People are best motivated if they are involved in designing and deciding the activities”. Here is your opportunity to get started…get going…decide your game!!

ncaa-basketball-10-20091111012023269_640w– Are you curious to get a video demo? Please visit  here.
– The official website is here.

5 thoughts on “NCAA Basketball 10 on Xbox 360 & PS 3: Motivation? ABSOLUTE YES!!

1. Hello Mridusmita!

The minute I saw your post I presumed it was written by a male. Lo and behold it was non other than our female October winner 🙂
    It is uncanny how graphics have become so real like, so real that triggers the players’ Fantasy.
    I really like how we can choose our own broadcasters before playing the game! Looks like a good game to try out!

2. Hi Lana!

Yes we females are heading towards male’s choices…we are racing equally these days in every field:)

Indeed graphics have become extremely real in today’s generation. Unimaginable till a few years’ back. Its a new edition…but i did try lots of free sample video graphics before writing this post and i really enjoyed it. Hope you find it fun too!

3. I’m a lifelong video gamer, from my first console (Atari 2600) to now (Wii), and one who has always had a passion for sports games. Be it Madden or NHL ’94 or Tiger Woods golf or my all time favorite RBI baseball (on NES), I love playing sports games. That said, I have never liked playing basketball video games. It seems like it doesn’t translate very well to the TV for me. I think I don’t like the fact that in basketball (unlike many other sports), one really has to rely on teammates and their actions. I’ve never trusted “the computer” to do that. It seems though that hoops games have come a long way. I can’t believe that they even let you choose your announcers. Personally I hate 98% of all announcers. They are boring, confused, too old, too annoying, too cliche, etc. That said, having a choice of announcers on this game is brilliant… I wonder how much they had to pay to get rights to use CBS and ESPN graphics packages. Anyway, it seems as though this game might be one to check out. I wonder if Chick Hearn can be one of the announcing choices?

4. Hi,

The games that you mentioned are all interesting. I agree with you that basketball like other games has a bit less reliance on teammates, but this new addition of game-play looks interesting to me to try out. By the way, if you are wondering about the legendary Chick Hearn, i am sorry to say that he passed away in August 5, 2002 because of a serious head injury. He was one of the great sportscaster.

5. Greetings,

As an undergrad I remember playing electronic basketball games with my roommate. He would play the same game for hours, but I had a really short attention span, and even though I love sports, I honestly did not find it interesting at all. My favorite part was trying to get a player to perform a slam dunk on an opponent’s head. With that said, I am really amazed by the changes that you mentioned in your post. Personally I think I would be overwhelmed by having control of everyone on offense, but I know that this is something that serious gamers like my old roommate would enjoy. This game really takes strategic thinking and multi-tasking to the next level! Thanks for sharing a great post.

Gale